Tuesday Bluebird Links

August 13, 2012; Toronto, ON, CANADA; Toronto Blue Jays right fielder Moises Sierra (14) hits a home run in the seventh inning against the Chicago White Sox at the Rogers Centre. Mandatory Credit: John E. Sokolowski-US PRESSWIRE

I haven't seen any Blue Jays baseball since the west coast trip, but it doesn't seem like I've missed a whole lot the past couple of weeks. As usual, I'll start you off with recaps of yesterday's win by Griffin and Gregor Chisholm, and here's the Gameday Preview of tonight's game.

JAYS LINKS

Toronto's Steve Delabar record Major League first with four 10th-inning strikeouts
Chisolm with the scoop.

Rehabbing Bautista begins taking swings
Chisholm has injury updates on Bautista, Morrow and Lawrie.

Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos remains upbeat following losing streak
Well he's the only one. Brendan Kennedy has the transcript of a question and answer session AA had with reporters Sunday if anyone missed that.

AA’s Quest for Pitchers: The Free Agent Market
Stoeten looks at the upcoming free agent market. Edwin Jackson and Anibal Sanchez are the two names that I really like on that list, but there are quite a few serviceable starters that could become free agents. Who would you like to see the Jays sign this off season?

C's Please & A No-No In San Pedro de Macoris!
Batter's Box with yesterday's minor league recap, including a combined no hitter for the DSL Blue Jays. And Art Charles continues to rake in Vancouver - is this guy a legitimate prospect? Someone tell me about him.

Rajai Davis' Redemption: The Catch 2.0
Ian at The Blue Jay Hunter compares Davis' catch to Devon White's world series catch back in 1992. If you missed the catch, check it out because it was great.

The Bullpen
Griffin with his weekly Bullpen feature where he provides many injury updates. He also jumps on the Trout / Harper bandwagon. Oh, and he rants about Jays fans.

Lots from around the league after the jump.

AROUND THE LEAGUE

Johnny Pesky, Boston Red Sox icon, dies at age 92
Very sad news. If you want to learn more about Pesky, Rob Neyer recommends a book for you and Beyond the Boxscore has an article about his career.

Are Chapman and Kimbrel Cy Young Contenders?
I'm not a big fan of relief pitchers winning the award, but these two are having fantastic seasons.

Yankees sign pitcher Derek Lowe
As a relief pitcher. And then he promptly earned his first save in 11 years and 1 day. I remember Lowe pitching as a reliever for the Red Sox, but had no idea that he is one of three pitchers (including Smoltz and Eckersley) with 160 wins and 80 saves.

The Payoff for Winning Comes from the Postseason: Part 3
Interesting reading from Vince Gennaro where he examines the relationship between winning and revenues.

The Quantity and Quality of Napoli’s Contact
So Napoli isn't having such a great year this time around.

Stephen Strasburg innings limit to shut down Nationals P for playoffs
I'm sure the Nationals know what they're doing here, but that would be tough to stomach for the fans.

Act Like You’ve Been There Before
Ouch.