Jays manage hits in only 2 innings - White Sox win 7-2 - Moises Sierra Homers

TORONTO, CANADA - AUGUST 16: Moises Sierra #14 of the Toronto Blue Jays hits a two run homer against the Chicago White Sox during MLB action at the Rogers Centre August 16, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

How does Tom do these everyday?

The Jays only managed hits in 2 innings of the entire game. While they were able to take the lead early on the strength of a Moises Sierra home run they couldn't hold off the White Sox as the Jays surrendered 5! home runs to the Sox.

Aaron Laffey wasn't bad but was still hurt by the longball. Over 6 innings he only gave up 3 hits, unfortunately all of them were of the long ball variety. He did strike out 5 and only walked one. Steve Delabar managed through the seventh working around a walk. The usually solid Darren Oliver came out to start the 8th and keep the Jays within one. Things went pretty bad, he wasn't able to finish the inning and gave up 2H and 1BB with one of those hits being a home run. Brandon Lyon came out to finish off hte inning and provided further fireworks by allowing another Home run to clear the fence. Casey Janssen finished the game with a solid clean ninth inning but it was far too late at that point.

For those that like to question the managers decisions there were a couple tonight that had people scratching their heads. First in the seventh inning we had a lead off walk by Escobar. David Cooper comes to plate and proceeds to .... bunt? He tried to sacrifice twice before trying to swing away, while I tip my cap to Cooper who battled well in this spot he still hit into the fielders choice. Subsequently Gose came in as a pinch runner for Cooper. While the Jays didn't score the general thought was that Gose would move to CF to take over for McCoy and Gomes would come in to play first. Nope, McCoy stayed in the game and Gomes came in. Seemed strange but not the worst thing in the world I suppose.

On the "are you kidding me" front. Edwin Encarnacion was a late scratch from tonights game with an injury sustained last night. THANKS FOR NOTHING BASEBALL GODS! NO MORE RUM FOR YOU!

Jays of the day: None. Suckage: Kelly Johnson, Darren Oliver