Happ-EE Yu Got What We need! Saturday Aug 18, 2012 Links

TORONTO, CANADA - AUGUST 17: 2012 Olympic Games gold medalist Rosannagh MacLennan of Canada reacts after throwing the ceremonial first pitch during MLB action between the Texas Rangers and the Toronto Blue Jays at the Rogers Centre August 17, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

I'm quite happless with using Yu Puns.

Toronto Blue Jays’ J.A. Happ bests Yu Darvish in win over Rangers | MLB | Sports | National Post
Lott's look on latest Happ win.

Happ gets payback against Rangers striking out eight - The Globe and Mail
The Globe's take on last night's win. Also discusses Happ's last start vs the Rangers as a member of the Astros. Glad no one mentioned it (ick) as the result was quite Happless.

Toronto Blue Jays beat Texas Rangers 3-2 - thestar.com
The Star's take on the win.

Washington on Darvish: 'He was good; we just didn't support him' | Texas Rangers News - Sports News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW
Much easier to read recap from the Texas view. I wanted to put up the LSB's take but it involved many words that are not safe for Hugo's mom to read. EE is probably now Yu's least favorite batter to face.

JAYS LINKS

BaseballAmerica.com: Minors: Jays Rally For Longtime Coach
People in the Blue Jays organization and throughout baseball are rallying to help Omar Malave, who has spent more than 30 years in the Blue Jays organization as a player, coach and manager, as his granddaughter needs surgery to repair a defect in her heart.

Lansing Lugnuts pitching prospects earn high praise in Sports Illustrated article | MLive.com
Three Lansing Lugnuts pitchers were named as top prospects in an Aug. 13 Sports Illustrated article.

Kevin Gray's On Baseball: McGuire's season of learning continues | New Hampshire SPORTS0102
Deck McGuire, Toronto's top pick in the 2010 draft, has been putting in the work without seeing positive results. The righty lost his Eastern League-leading 14th game on Wednesday, the most losses in Minor League Baseball.

Fisher Cats welcome three-millionth fan | News
The New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Class AA; Eastern League) welcomed the three-millionth fan in team history to Northeast Delta Dental Stadium tonight.

Toronto Blue Jays won’t face Texas Rangers pitcher Ryan Dempster this weekend - thestar.com
No Canada Vs Canada match up. Would the (currently) offensive challenged Jays fared well against the non-run preventing in the AL Dempster?

Toronto Blue Jays’ Ricky Romero learning from difficult year | MLB | Sports | National Post
Lott looks at RRCJ's pitching woes.

John Farrell bristles at media speculation of move to Red Sox - The Globe and Mail
Also mentioned is the little fact lost to the Bawstun media... 3 YEAR CONTRACT that runs through 2013.

Minor League Prospect Note: Roberto Osuna, RHP, Toronto Blue Jays - Minor League Ball
Sickels looks at Roberto Osuna, RHP, Toronto Blue Jays

MLB AND LLWS LINKS

Yu Darvish learning major league season is a marathon: Griffin - thestar.com
Yu? Yu who? Griff looks at a Texas team that is beaten up but still in better shape the Toronto 51s.

Why have pitchers become dominant in the major leagues? - The Globe and Mail
Just Perfect: 3 perfect games this year, 6 since ‘09. What gives with so many perfectos?

Defensive gems lift Canada to victory at Little League World Series - The Globe and Mail
The team from Vancouver, B.C, outlasted Mexico 13-9 in tournament opener Friday. Congrats guys.

Philadelphia Lazily Goes Through The Motions Of Complaining That Jimmy Rollins Doesn't Hustle
Another "It Could Be Worse" story. A team expected to not just compete but actually be playoff bound and challenge for the World Series. (Sort of NSFW)

Baseball History August 18th - National Pastime - Baseball History
2006 At Fenway Park, the Yankees beat the Red Sox in the night cap to complete a day-night doubleheader sweep. The 14-11 slugfest, in which the Al East Division rivals bang out a total 34 hits, takes 4 hours and 45 minutes (sigh) to play making it the longest nine-inning game in big league history. A team scores in nine of the 18 half-innings.