Swallowed By Mariners, Blue Jays Offense Looks To Breakout Through Colon - Blue Jays @ Athletics - August 2 2012 GameThread

Oakland Athletics pitcher Bartolo Colon shows that he is not, as believed by most scientists, completely sessile.

It is a sad time for the Toronto Blue Jays, and a sad time for us fans who call the Blue Jays our team. Over the last three days, not only were the Jays swept out of Seattle by the woeful.Mariners, but fan favourite Travis Snider was traded away too. The team, 51-53 (.490), is back in last place in the American League East, 1.5 games behind the fourth place Boston Red Sox, and 5 games back of the Wild Card. And then we found out that the team may go back to a 7-man bullpen....because they are going to try a 6-man rotation. And of course, there's this:

Toronto Blue Jays Injuries

15-Day

Player Injury Type Injury Date
Jose Bautista wrist 07/17/2012
Jason Frasor forearm 07/17/2012
J.P. Arencibia hand 07/26/2012
Adam Lind lower-back 07/26/2012
Kyle Drabek elbow 06/14/2012

60 Day DL / Out for the season

Player Injury Type Injury Date
Jesse Litsch shoulder 03/26/2012
Dustin McGowan foot 03/26/2012
Sergio Santos shoulder 04/21/2012
Brandon Morrow oblique 06/12/2012
Drew Hutchison elbow 06/16/2012
Luis Perez elbow 07/09/2012
Robert Coello elbow 06/30/2012

So the Blue Jays, and their fans, desperately need a win tonight, and hopefully three more in the next three days. The Jays are facing the Oakland Athletics, who took 2 out of 3 from the Jays last week in Toronto, including an embarrassing 16-0 blowout.

Tonight, we see Henderson Alvarez, who had a great start against the Tigers last week, face Bartolo Colon, who allowed no runs through 5 and 2/3 last Saturday against the Baltimore Orioles.

2012 - Bartolo Colon 7-8 20 20 0 0 0 0 123.2 136 54 52 15 20 78 3.78 1.26

2012 - Henderson Alvarez 7-7 20 20 1 1 0 0 126.0 142 68 62 20 30 48 4.43 1.37

Unfortunately, someone will have to put up the lineups in the comments. By the time the game starts I should have a decent buzz since I will be at a craft beer festival.

Tom: Here you go.

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS OAKLAND A\'S
Brett Lawrie, 3B Coco Crisp, CF
Colby Rasmus, CF Seth Smith, DH
Edwin Encarnacion, DH Josh Reddick, RF
Kelly Johnson, 2B Yoenis Cespedes, LF
Yunel Escobar, SS Brandon Moss, 1B
David Cooper, 1B Brandon Inge, 3B
Rajai Davis, LF George Kottaras, C
Yan Gomes, C Adam Rosales, SS
Anthony Gose, RF Eric Sogard, 2B

GO JAYS GO!

Rules:

  1. Be nice
  2. No posting of pictures during the game (post URLs instead)
  3. No asking for or linking to illegal streams of the game.
  4. Bottoms up!