Blue Jays Extend Lansing

The Jays extended their agreement with Lansing through to the end of the 2014 season.

Lansing has been affiliated with Toronto since 2005, The Lugnuts have produced 40 Midwest League All-Stars; more than 550 victories; five playoff berths, including a 2011 trip to the MWL Championship Series; and 22 Major Leaguers.

The Lugnuts have a 70-37 record this year. They won the 1st Division title which puts them in the playoffs his year.

Their starting pitching is what is driving their great record:

  • Justin Nicolino: 7-3, 2.48, 16 starts.
  • Anthony DeSclafani: 9-3, 3.16, 14 starts.
  • Noah Syndergaard: 7-3, 3.06, 15 starts.
  • Jesse Hernandez: 4-4, 2.29, 12 starts.
  • Aaron Sanchez: 8-2, 2.36, 14 starts.
  • Marcus Walden: 5-2, 3.11, 14 starts.

Not a surprise that they extended the deal with Lansing. The interesting one will be to find out if they can move their Triple-A team out of Vegas.