Ain't Too Proud to Beg: GameThread for Toronto Blue Jays at Detroit Tigers, 22 August 2012, 7:05 EDT

Okay, so another loss in the books for the Jays last night. The Jays now stand 10 games under .500 (56-66). They look to get back (?) their winning ways tonight. To do so, they'll have to hit Anibal Sanchez (6-10, 4.52 ERA), whose had a bit of a tough go of it in his first run in the American League this season, in spite of very nice peripherals (7.8 K/9, 2.6 BB/9, 47% GB-rate, 3.74 xFIP). The Jays send southpaw sensation Aaron Laffey (3-4, 4.70 ERA) to the bump. Laffey's been somewhat successful thus far by limiting the free passes (2.6 BB/9), but it's hard to be effective when you're barely striking out a batter every two innings (5.0 K/9). Still, Laffey's managed to keep the ball down in the zone (49% GB-rate) and pitchers who induce grounders and don't give up a lot of free bases can often stick around for at least a little while (see Lannan, John).

Doubt I'm going to watch this one but I might get to look in every now and then if I'm lucky. As always, keep it civil and go Jays go. Thanks to Motown's Temptations for today's title -- at this point, maybe we should plead for a win.

Finally, a public service announcement, know your rights (all three of 'em).

Number 1: You have the right not to be killed. Murder is a crime, unless it is done by a policeman or an aristocrat. Or one of the B**3 moderators using the banhammer.
Number 2) You have the right to food money and discussion of your fantasy team, providing, of course, you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and (if you cross your fingers!) rehabilitation.
Number 3) You have the right to free speech -- as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try talking about illegal streams or posting *.gif images during the game.

It has been suggested in some gamethreads that this is not enough . . . well, get off Bluebird Banter!