Oh Viz! Tigers 3, Blue Jays 2

DETROIT, MI - AUGUST 22: Starting pitcher Aaron Laffey #32 of the Toronto Blue Jays winds up and throws during a MLB game against the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park on August 22, 2012 in Detroit, Michigan. (Photo by Dave Reginek/Getty Images)

On the bright side, the Jays outhit the Tigers 7 to 5 and Aaron Laffey pitched well but it didn't matter as the Tigers scored one more run than the Jays did.

Today's game started off as a scoreless pitchers duel till the 4th. Infante tripled and with one out scored on a very wild pitch by Laffey. The Tigers added another run in the 5th when Geoff Baker singled home a run with two out. The Jays scored a run in the 5th on EE's RBI single and error (thanks to some LOL D by the Detroit LF, Andy Dirks) but could not do anything else. Most recaps will simply state that Austin Jackson scored the winning run on a single by Prince Fielder in the bottom of the 6th. However, it was an unearned run as Jackson got on due to a Adeiny Hechaverria error and scored when Jeff Mathis fumbled the ball on Rajai Davis's throw back to the plate. Hechaverria got that run back when he hit a sac fly in the 7th to score the Jays final run.

The game ended as Omar Vizquel tried to steal 2B with 2 out in the 9th.

To make matters worse, David Cooper was lifted in the middle innings for Jeff Mathis after straining his neck. Jeff ended up catching while Yorvit Torrealba was the 1st Baseman the rest of the night (according to the information in Baseball Reference, this game was Yorvit's MLB debut at 1B.) I don't know what Cooper's status is. Based on the season, I'm guessing the Infinity Day DL but I'm just guessing and don't actually know.

No Jays of the Day. Suckage Jays a plenty. Mathis (-.127), Rasmus (-.134), KJ (-.211)!!!!! and a welcome to the Blue Jays one for Yorvit Torrealba (-0.099).

Tomorrow's game is an early afternoon 1:05pm start. J.A. Happ vs Justin Verlander. Oh yeah.