I'm Sorry But I'm Not Interested in Gold Mines: GameThread for Toronto Blue Jays at Detroit Tigers, 23 August 2012, 1:05 PM EDT

Yuck. Another game last night, another loss. Hopefully the Jays can avoid the sweep in the getaway game this afternoon. J.A. Happ (9-10, 4.88) tries to break the skid. He likely won't have much room for mistakes since reigning AL MVP (and Cy Young Award winner) Justin Verlander (12-7, 2.53) will be hurling for the Tigers. Hopefully he doesn't no-hit us again.

Oh well.

Anyway, don't post *.gifs during the game, don't talk about illegal streams, and don't be a tool. Tensions tend to run hot this time of the year (i.e., when the Jays drop 10+ games below .500) so lel's all do what we can to keep it civil. Go Jays Go. Or whatever. As terrible as the Jays are and as good as Verlander is, the Jays have somewhere around a one-in-a-million chance of winning this game . . . so I'm telling you there's a chance!

Today's post title courtesy of Detroit native Jack White (technically the White Stripes)'s "The Union Forever"