7 is the Suckiest Number You Ever Know Sunday Aug 26, 2012 Links

Joy! Brandon's back! Oh Crap, the Jays have lost 7 in a row. The constant has been the offensive offense. It would be nice to see the Jays score some runs for a change. Onto the Pain

GAME RECAPS

Toronto Blue Jays lose 8-2 to Baltimore Orioles, Jose Bautista exits early - thestar.com
The Star's recap of the 7 games and counting losing streak.

Orioles beat fading Blue Jays on the strength of Hardy’s homer - The Globe and Mail
Toronto loses its seventh straight game from AP/The Globe

Orioles match 2011 win total with 8-2 victory over Blue Jays - baltimoresun.com
A night after designated hitter Chris Davis became the 19th Oriole in franchise history to hit three homers in a game, catcher Matt Wieters accomplished something a lot less explosive but even more rare Saturday.

More After the Jump

JAYS LINKS

Blue Jay Hunter Tumblr
Welcome back, Brandon Morrow!

Blue Jays’ Anthony Gose getting a baptism of fire in the big leagues | MLB | Sports | National Post
For a split second, Anthony Gose thought he had found blessed relief

Toronto Blue Jays’ pitcher Aaron Laffey finds inner peace on the mound | MLB | Sports | National Post
Aaron Laffey does some of his best work with his eyes closed in front of a mirror

Lansing Lugnuts Profile: Pitcher Anthony DeSclafani from Freehold, N.J. | MLive.com
Lansing Lugnuts starting pitcher Anthony DeSclafani reveals a love for cooking and watching Joe Pesci movies in this week's Lugnuts Profile.

MLB & LLWS LINKS

Japan captures Little League World Series international title - The Globe and Mail
Panama falls 10-2 in Saturday’s final to Japan

Little League Kids Score 10 Runs In Bottom Of Sixth To Tie Championship Game, ABC Local Affiliates Switch To Preseason Football
People are freaking out at their local ABC affiliates for switching to NFL preseason games, so it was all for something, as far as we're concerned. (Sometimes NSFW)

Cards top Uni Watch’s ranking of baseball jerseys | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
The balancing birds of the St. Louis Cardinals top the MLB list (and hold the third spot overall) followed by the Chicago Cubs, Oakland Athletics, New York Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies. The Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Mets, Toronto Blue Jays, Detroit Tigers and Kansas City Royals round out the top 10.

Justin Upton Claimed On Waivers: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
Gotta love the Mystery Team

Nick Punto et al. Heartbroken Over Move to Dodgers | NotGraphs Baseball
A picture says a thousand words... but no KFC and beer in sight.

The Financial Fallout Of The Trade | Getting Blanked | Blogs | theScore.com
While the Dodgers bolstering their roster – with only the San Francisco Giants ahead of them in the National League West – and the Red Sox improving their organizational depth – by embracing a rare mid-season rebuilding philosophy – are fascinating ways of looking at this trade, I’m far more interested by the implications created by a baseball team exhibiting a willingness to embrace more than $270 million in payroll commitments that another is willing to shed.

Baseball History - August 26th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1991 The Yankees reluctantly agree to a record $1.55 million contract with 19-year old high school southpaw Brien Taylor, the overall number one pick from the June amateur draft. George Steinbrenner is outraged by the deal, but the suspended owner actually had driven up the price when he publicly makes his wishes known to Newsday two days prior to the signing by saying, "If they (Gene Michael) let him go, they ought to be shot".