Game Postponed: Jays @ Orioles - Gamethread August 26th 2012

BALTIMORE, MD - AUGUST 26: A tarp lies on teh field as a game between the Toronto Blue Jays and Baltimore Orioles is delayed by rain at Oriole Park at Camden Yards on August 26, 2012 in Baltimore, Maryland. (Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images)

Game has been rescheduled for Sept. 24, Double Header that day.

More DL! We need more DL! I think at this point it is worth considering shutting down the guys for the rest of the year. I mentioned it in yesterdays gamethread but with another DL stint just after coming off the last one why let Bautista push himself. Again this isn't about tanking (which for the record I think is a stupid idea in baseball), but rather just making sure Bautista is ok and will be ready for next year. Let him get the soreness checked out and get anything that needs fixin, fixed.

I was thinking about something the other day. Earlier this year before the season really got started I went on the Camden Chat podcast. At the time my prediction for the season was 85 wins and a 4th (maybe 3rd) place in the division. I didn't see the Jays competing in the wild card playoff game. I remember talking about how improved our bullpen was, even with a declining Cordero I thought hey, this looks good. The Orioles guys were optimistic about their team as well of course although I found it hard to believe that their team would hold up in the long run. Truth be told I have held onto that belief all season, I keep waiting for the decline of the Orioles with their crazy run differential. I guess I learned something through all of this, never underestimate a team. And never ever make a OriLOLes joke.

This season has been absolutely junk. But look on the bright side there is still a month to go! Pass the booze!

2012 - Henderson Alvarez 7-11 24 24 1 1 0 0 147.0 177 88 79 22 41 56 4.84 1.48

2012 - Chris Tillman 6-2 9 9 0 0 0 0 51.0 49 30 21 7 15 42 3.71 1.25