Jose Bautista To Have Season Ending Wrist Surgery

See you next year Jose. Credit: Jesse Johnson-US PRESSWIRE

The season from hell continues, Jose Bautista will have surgery to 'stabilize a tendon' in his left wrist. He is having the surgery in Cleveland next week. There is a 3 to 4 month 'recovery time' so he should be ready to go for spring training, all being well.

Bautista didn't want to take any chance that the injury might carry over to next season, which makes sense to me. Smart guy that Jose

Jose's season line:

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG
2012 - Jose Bautista 92 332 64 80 14 0 27 65 59 63 5 2 .241 .358 .527

Not the numbers he would have liked to finish with, but a pretty good year

What more can happen this year? Locus descend on Rogers Centre and eat the plastic grass? (that would be cool, now that I think of it).