Let's Go Streaking!!! Winning Streak That Is Friday Aug 31, 2012 Links

August 30, 2012; Toronto, ON, CANADA; Tampa Bay Rays center fielder BJ Upton (2) reacts after being called out on strikes in the third inning against the Toronto Blue Jays at the Rogers Centre. Mandatory Credit: John E. Sokolowski-US PRESSWIRE

Yesterday's game was good because it was a win. Despite the fact it was a very fast game time wise, it was slooow as all the scoring happened in the first inning and not much happened after that. Good pitching by Carlos "6Ks in a Row" Villanueva, Darren Oliver, Brad Lincoln and Casey Janssen shut down the Tampa Bays weak offense. If there were only a way to combine the Jays (when healthy) offense and the Rays pitching then we'd have a legit world series powerhouse and one really really awful baseball team.

RECAP LINKS

Blue Jays’ Carlos Villanueva impressive again in 2-0 win over Tampa Bay Rays - thestar.com
The Star's Recap of yesterday's win.

Villanueva leads Blue Jays past slumping Rays - The Globe and Mail
AP/Globe's recap of the yesterday's shutout win.

Tampa Bay Rays at Toronto Blue Jays - August 30, 2012 | MLB.com TB Recap
From MLB.com, TB recap.

More Links after the Jump

JAYS LINKS

Tom Cheek and the Ford C. Frick Award
An honor long overdue.

Gose learns fast lessons during first majors stint - Sports - ReviewJournal.com
"I ran fast and stole bases, but overall my performance up there was just terrible," Gose said. "I went up there and I sucked, and you can't go up to the big leagues and suck."

51s might switch to affiliation with Mets - Sports - ReviewJournal.com
Brought together in a shotgun marriage in 2008, the 51s and Toronto Blue Jays renewed their vows in 2010 with a second Player Development Contract, but the teams could be headed for a divorce after...

Bisons' closing statement falls flat - Buffalo Bisons - The Buffalo News
The groans pretty much indicated the Toronto Blue Jays can't get into town fast enough as a new parent.

Thoughts on the Mets and Bisons' disastrous finale - Inside Pitch - The Buffalo News
Money Quote: "I've been pretty clear for 14 months that this Mets-Bisons marriage was not going to last."

MLB LINKS

Introducing Handsome-Independent Pitching | NotGraphs Baseball
The only Jay is RRCJ and he is in the, um, less than handsome grouping. It's better to be pretty if you're a pitcher.

Should The Tampa Bay Rays Move To Montreal? - Baseball Nation
The Tampa Bay Rays have had attendance problems despite their good play on the field. People in Montreal want Major League Baseball back. Is there a fit here?

Baseball History - August 31st - National Pastime - Baseball History
1990 Refusing to part with Triple-A third baseman Scott Cooper to get Larry Andersen from the Astros for the stretch run, Red Sox general manager Lou Gorman trades the Eastern League's MVP Jeff Bagwell for the right-handed relief pitcher. The University of Hartford standout will go on to win the National League Rookie of the Year Award (1991) and will becomes the league's MVP the same year Andersen, who hurled only 15 innings during his time in Boston, retires from the Phillies (1994).