So This Is What Winning Feels Like Sunday Aug 5, 2012 Links

August 4, 2012; Oakland, CA, USA; The ball goes over the wall above Oakland Athletics center fielder Josh Reddick (16) and right fielder Michael Taylor (23) for a Toronto Blue Jays home run during the ninth inning at O.co Coliseum. Mandatory Credit: Kelley L Cox-US PRESSWIRE

Kind of sad I missed an extra innings win, but I had family obligations. Wins are good, extra inning wins are better and come from behind wins are the best. Good job by the youngsters to do their part as many of the regulars are on the mend. Would be nice if the Jays could split this four game series today. Onto the links

VICTORY RECAP

Blue Jays tie game in ninth, beat Oakland A’s 3-1 in extra innings: Griffin - thestar.com
Griffin's recap of the win.

Costly throwing error by A’s gives Jays extra innings win - The Globe and Mail
The Globe's (AP) recap of the extra innings win.

Toronto Blue Jays at Oakland Athletics - August 4, 2012 | MLB.com TOR Recap
MLB.com's recap of the Jays extra innings win.

A's blow lead, fall 3-1 in 11 to Jays - SFGate
The Oakland version of events is a little easier to take today.

JAYS LINKS

The Southpaw: Obligatory Remarks
Southpaw looks at the week's past events.

JaysProspects.com – Scouting, News and Analysis for Jays Prospects and Minor Leagues | Vancouver Canadians’ Marcus Stroman – Blue Jays’ newest first-round draft pick settling in nicely in Vancouver"
Marcus Stroman interview.

Ex-Jays skipper John Gibbons reflects on MLB while managing future stars in Texas League " mlbblogger
A "Where is "Fighting" John Gibbons now?" article.

Blue Jays Sign Jack Cust: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
Considering most of the AAA lineup is right now in the MLB, the Jays need bodies to fill roster holes down in Las Vegas.

MLB LINKS

Baseball History - August 5th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1984 Blue Jay Cliff Johnson hits his 19th career pinch-hit home run breaking a major league record shared with Jerry Lynch. His round-tripper gives Toronto a 4-3 victory over the Orioles.