BBBWA Award: Player Of The Month For July

Good evening, Bluebird Banterers! The ballot for the Bluebird Banter Writers' Association Award for Pitcher of the Month was released yesterday and the one for the Play of the Month came out this morning. There is still time to vote, so make sure to go and mark your ballot if you haven't done so already.

We are asking you to vote for who you thought was the best Toronto Blue Jays player (non-pitcher) for July 2012, using whatever definition of "best" you like.

The players nominated for the award all received at least 2 nominations from Bluebird Banter staff, and are listed in alphabetical order. When voting, please remember that this is an award for July, so please disregard any August performances.

And to answer you--yes, players who are no longer with the club are still eligible for this award.

Discuss who you voted for in the comments! Is there anyone not listed that we should have nominated?

This poll will be open until Wednesday, August 8 11:00 am Eastern. Official announcements of the winners will be made shortly thereafter.

Nominees

J.P. Arencibia

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip
17 55 53 8 17 4 0 6 13 0 0 2 11 .321 .345 .736 1.081 2 0 0 0 0 .306

Edwin Encarnacion

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip
25 102 78 16 24 6 0 6 17 1 1 21 12 .308 .461 .615 1.076 0 2 0 1 0 .295

Brett Lawrie

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip
23 97 90 11 24 5 1 1 7 2 0 5 17 .267 .302 .378 .680 3 0 1 1 0 .315

Colby Rasmus

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip
25 109 94 14 18 3 1 4 18 0 1 11 25 .191 .284 .372 .657 0 2 0 2 1 .209

Travis Snider (numbers with the Toronto Blue Jays only)

G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS GDP HBP SH SF IBB BAbip
10 40 36 6 9 2 0 3 8 0 0 3 14 .250 .300 .556 .856 0 0 0 1 0 .300