Two Blue Jay Pitchers Head To Surgery Thurday

Minor Leaguer posted that Drew Hutchison is headed for Dr. Andrew's surgery room on Thursday, but at least he won't be alone. Dustin McGowan will be having arthroscopic shoulder surgery to further evaluate the right shoulder joint on Thursday too. Dr. Andrews is a busy man.

I really feel sorry for McGowan, this will be the 3rd time his shoulder gets opened. He had shoulder surgeries back in 2008 and 2010, but at least there aren't saying that it is major surgery this time. That might change once they get looking inside.

The Jays owe McGowan $1.5 million for each of 2013 and 2014, and there is a team option for $4 million for 2015. I wasn't a fan of that deal, I know, by baseball terms, it isn't a lot of money, but it isn't nothing. You never know, the surgery Thursday might go well and maybe we'll see him next year. But I wouldn't bet $3 million on it.