You get a surgery, you get a surgery, everyone gets a surgery! - Jays @ Rays - August 7th 2012 - Gamethread

Colbys back! Mandatory Credit: Bob DeChiara-US PRESSWIRE

The Jays currently are 2 games under .500 and sit 3 games back of the Rays in the division. I suppose it could have been a lot worse with the way the last series started in Oakland, but after managing to even up the series before leaving town the Jays are inching their way back to that 500 mark.

That being said getting back to the .500 mark doesn't look to be an easy task. Tonight the Jays have to take on a lineup that is getting one of the premium players in the game back. Evan Longoria makes his return to the Rays lineup tonight and will predictably slot right back in where he left off batting cleanup. On the Jays side of the ledger Colby Rasmus gets back into the lineup after a couple off. No Brett Lawrie back but on the plus side Yunel is batting cleanup again!

On the mound, J.A. Happy makes his debut as a starter for the Blue Jays. So far with the organization he has pitched in 7 relief innings and the results? Well... they are... results, I guess? He takes on Big Game James as James Shields takes the mound for the formerly demonic Rays.

The rest of the Jays lineup is below and Tom posted it earlier today. After the additional surgery news today it sure would be nice to get a win.

2012 - J.A. Happ 0-0 4 0 0 0 0 0 7.0 5 4 4 0 5 7 5.14 1.43

2012 - James Shields 9-7 22 22 1 1 0 0 146.1 159 82 69 17 44 145 4.24 1.39

Rules:

1. No images during the game 2. No illegal stuff 3. Don't be jerks

Current Series

3 game series vs Rays @ Tropicana Field

Wed 08/08 7:10 PM EDT
Thu 08/09 1:10 PM EDT