I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? - Jays @ Rays - August 8th 2012 - Gamethread

Second verse! Same as the... wait no. Cut that. Rewind.

No one here needs to be reminded that the Jays are in bad shape. Wit so many regulars hit and missing time the lineup started to resemble a minor league squad. Honestly, the fact that they are still as close as they are to 500 is kind of a miracle.

Carlos Villanueva takes the mound after returning to the team from a personal matter. He is opposed by Alex Cobb of the Rays. Brett Lawrie did some throwing today and has indicated that while his ribcage is feeling better there is still no timetable for his return to the team (As I type this Tom puts a post... so yeah just click here for an update on Lawrie and Jose Bautista if you missed it).

This team is honestly getting a bit tough to watch on a daily basis. It does help to see some of the kids coming up and getting a chance but the constant injuries has really taking a toll on everyone this year (fans included). It's a good thing the Olympics are her.... hahaha yeah I couldn't even try to say that with a straight face.

GO JAYS GO!

2012 - Carlos Villanueva 6-1 28 6 0 0 0 0 67.2 55 25 24 9 31 71 3.19 1.27

2012 - Alex Cobb 5-8 13 13 1 0 0 0 76.1 79 43 39 4 24 55 4.60 1.35

Rules. You know. Don't do the bad stuff.

Current Series

Rays lead the series 1-0

Tue 08/07 WP: James Shields (10 - 7)
SV: Fernando Rodney