Blue Jays Place Brett Lawrie On DL

Brett Lawrie watching. (Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images)

There goes the hope that Brett Lawrie would be back in a hurry. The Jays have placed him on the 15-day DL. It will be retroactive to August 3rd so he could be back in 8 days or so, but the way things have been going I'm not figuring the best case scenario will happen.

It is likely best that the Jays do this so that Brett doesn't talk his way back into the lineup before he is totally recovered. Get healed up quick Brett and don't drive everyone on the bench too crazy.

No word on who will get called up to take his roster spot yet. I'd imagine we'll be back to a 8 man bullpen, as much as I hate the idea. If you are thinking position players, if you are looking at guys that are on the 40-man, your choices are Mike McDade and Mike McCoy. I'm not totally against giving McDade a look, but McCoy would be more useful.