The THROW. Saturday Sept 1, 2012 Links

TORONTO, CANADA - AUGUST 31: Elliot Johnson #9 of the Tampa Bay Rays is thrown out at home plate in the ninth inning to end the game during MLB game action as Jeff Mathis #6 of the Toronto Blue Jays holds on to the ball on August 31, 2012 at Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images)

It's nice to see why Moises Sierra got raves about his arm. I've seen a lot of Jays baseball, but I've never seen a clutch throw like that in a long time even with Jose Bautista's rocket arm. Wow, the Jays actually won three games in a row. Feels strange to see a legit winning streak. Onto the Links.

GAME RECAPS

Blue Jays beat Tampa Bay Rays 2-1 in thriller: Griffin - thestar.com
The Griff looks at the thrilling Jays win, sealed by Moises' throw.

Brandon Morrow gives Toronto Blue Jays a boost in win over Tampa Bay Rays | MLB | Sports | National Post
On the last day of what was the worst August in Toronto Blue Jays history, the standing ovation must have been a welcome sight

Tampa Bay Rays find the way home blocked again in 2-1 loss to Toronto Blue Jays - Tampa Bay Times
TORONTO — The blood on Elliot Johnson's forehead, nose, right cheek and chin after his valiant attempt to score on the final play showed how close the Rays came to tying the score in Friday's game.

More After The Jump

JAYS LINKS (MINORS AND MAJORS)

The Carlos Conundrum | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com
DJF looks at CV and what it will take.

Villanueva making his case for Jays rotation in 2013 - The Globe and Mail
The Globe looks at the case for CV to the rotation.

Carlos Villanueva Keeps Rolling As Starter | FanGraphs Baseball
FG looks at CV.

Sometimes You Eat the Delabar… | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com
DJF looks at Delabar. Like DJF, I'm liking this trade.

Blast From The Past – Jesse Barfield | 500 Level Fan
A salty look at one of the Jays greats. Waaay better RF than broadcaster.

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: Bell, Moseby and Barfield
The best outfield in Jays history. Maybe not defensively (cough Bell cough) but it was the best trio the Jays ever put together. All home grown although Bell was a Rule 5 Draftee, he made his MLB debut with the Jays.

Blue Jays Brandon Lyon, Jeff Mathis’s perfect plan saved the day against Yankees | MLB | Sports | National Post
Lott talks to Lyon and Mathis about the 8th inning heart attack in NYC on Wed. They out thought the Yanks. How about that! Shows a bit of the in game thinking required.

Bullpen catcher Alex Andreopoulos does it all for Toronto Blue Jays | MLB | Sports | National Post
A look at the other AA.

Kevin Gray's On Baseball: Some major league moments for Fisher Cats in 2012 | New Hampshire SPORTS0102
It wasn't the greatest year on the field as the Fisher Cats, the 2011 Eastern League champs, went from first to worst. The Sons of Sal Fasano have occupied last place in their division for much of the season, but they did finish strong and give the fans plenty of entertainment this season.

Lugnuts Profile: Manager John Tamargo Jr. from Tampa, Fla. | MLive.com
Record-breaking Lansing Lugnuts Manager John Tamargo Jr. reveals he loves golf, lasagna and The Godfather in this week's Lugnuts Profile.

Lugnuts Manager Tamargo, outfielder Pillar earn prestigious end-of-season honors | MLive.com
Manager John Tamargo Jr. of the Lansing Lugnuts was named the Midwest League's Manager of the Year Wednesday, and outfielder Kevin Pillar won the league's Most Valuable Player award.

Patterson's power, Nicolino's arm lead Lugnuts to franchise-record 79th win of season | MLive.com
The Lansing Lugnuts set a new franchise record Tuesday with their 79th win of the season.

MLB LINKS

Rays Acquire Ben Francisco - DRaysBay
Welcome back to Toronto for a couple of games, Benny Fresh...

Baseball History - September 1st - National Pastime - Baseball History
1971 At Parc Jarry in Montreal, the Pirates become the first major league team to start an all-black team. The lineup includes infielders Al Oliver (1b), Rennie Stennet (2b), Jackie Hernandez (ss) Dave Cash (3b) and outfielders Willie Stargell (lf), Gene Clines (cf), Roberto Clemente (rf) with Dock Ellis (p) and Manny Sanguillen (c) making up the battery.

2009 In his first game back from the DL after suffering a torn right testicle when a bad hop grounder hit him in the groin last month, Adrián Beltre hears the The Nutcracker Suite when he steps into the batter's box. Mariner teammate Ken Griffey Jr. arranged to have the Safeco Field PA system play the waltz to have some fun with the third baseman, who decided not wear a protective cup until today's game.