Should The Blue Jays Have Anthony Gose Play Left Field Next Season?

BOSTON, MA - SEPTEMBER 8: Anthony Gose #43 of the Toronto Blue Jays hits a three-run home run against the Boston Red Sox in the ninth inning at Fenway Park on September 8, 2012 in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)

The Jays have been saying that Anthony Gose will be playing left field tonight, with the strong hint that he might have that role next year. So what do we think of that?

Gose has been terrific in his 15 September at bats, putting up a .467/.500/.800 line with 4 stolen bases. It hurts my little blogger sensibilities to read anything into 15 at bats, but he has looked great, and it makes for a lot of fun when he gets on base. I'd like to hope he's figured out how to hit at the major league level, but let's maybe wait a few more at bats before we decide that. On the season, he's hitting .227/.292/.330 with Toronto.

Since we do have a few spots to fill on next year's roster, it does make sense to use someone we already have, in at least one of those spots, to allow Alex to focus on the other problems. It might work out well to use Gose as the everyday left fielder, and spell him with Davis against some of the tougher lefties, next year.

I think it is a waste of Anthony's defense to play him in left field. It would be much better to move Rasmus over to left and let Gose play center but there seems to be a reluctance to ask Colby to move, him being the veteran and all. He's pretty good in center but Gose would be so much better. I don't know, I think if I'm manager, I talk to Colby and say 'hey, you are a really good defensive center fielder, but Gose, he's amazing. I am going to put you in left.' I mean, who is supposed to be running the team? The manager or the players?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'd be happier with Gose in left over having Davis out there everyday. Pretty sure.

Davis could spell him off against some lefties and occasionally spell Rasmus, playing left and pushing Anthony over to CF.

So what do you think, would you be ok with an outfield of Gose, Rasmus and Bautista? Or would you rather the Jays look for someone else to play left?