Once More, Once Again, And Yet Once More: GameThread for Seattle Mariners at Toronto Blue Jays, 13 Sept 2012, 7:07 EDT

So after dropping the first two games of the series by one run apiece, the Jays hope to salvage the last game of the set tonight. Given tonight's starting pitchers for Toronto, Henderson Alvarez (8-12, 4.95 ERA), and Seattle, Felix Hernandez (13-7, 2.67 ERA), the sweep certainly feels inevitable.

Fun (read: not fun) fact! Since August, Henderson Alvarez (35 2/3 IP, spread out over seven starts) has struck out roughly half as many batters (12) as he's walked (22). Felix Hernandez (53 2/3 IP, seven starts) has struck out roughly five times as many (43 K, 8 BB). The bad news is that the Jays will probably lose. The good news is that they'll probably lose quickly at least.

No *.gifs, no discussions of illegal streams, and no dickishness. Go Jays Go?

Tonight's thread title comes courtesy of the Russian "Song of the Volga Boatmen" -- not exactly the song I'd want to pick to describe a series (let alone a season) but it does feel pretty accurate. Эй, ухнем