If you ain't first you're last - Red Sox @ Jays - Sept 14th 2012 - Gamethread

TORONTO, CANADA - SEPTEMBER 12: Edwin Encarnacion #10 of the Toronto Blue Jays hits a fourth inning home run during MLB game action against the Seattle Mariners September 12, 2012 at Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Brad White/Getty Images)

The season drags on as for the last time on the year the Jays welcome the visiting Red Sox into the Dome. The 3 game weekend series will be a crucial one as one of these teams tries to stay out of last place in the division. YAY manufactured drama!

Aaron Laffey takes the mound and quite frankly has already done way more then I expected of him at all this year. He will be opposed by Daisuke who is struggling in the last year of his contract with the Red Sox. In a season where you have to think he was hoping to finish strong things really can't have gone worse for him. After struggling with injuries over the past couple years and most of this year he has come back and fallen completely flat.

I know I haven't been around much this year on the site, so I haven't really had the chance to say this... but... How about that Edwin guy eh? Holy cow 40Hr 100RBI I know the more stats oriented guys on the site will cringe at me looking at those numbers but I don't care. Who saw this coming? As much as this season has been a disappointment for a lot of reasons Edwin has given me a reason to turn in and watch the Jays most nights.

Writing this up before the lineups are posted so if someone could grab it in the comments that would be great.

2012 - Aaron Laffey 3-5 18 12 0 0 0 0 83.1 81 44 41 14 29 44 4.43 1.32

2012 - Daisuke Matsuzaka 1-5 8 8 0 0 0 0 35.0 40 29 28 7 15 32 7.20 1.57

Remember the rules!... they are... something.... something.... yada yada... Don't be terrible!

GO JAYS GO!