Sluggish Saturday September 15, 2012 Links

TORONTO, CANADA - SEPTEMBER 14: Brett Lawrie #13 of the Toronto Blue Jays arguer a call with third base umpire Todd Tichenor during MLB action at the Rogers Centre September 14, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

Almost 4 hours to play 9 innings. A Dice-K start could end insomnia forever. Well, it felt like forever.

GAME RECAP LINKS

Toronto Blue Jays lose to Boston Red Sox 8-5 - thestar.com
Star's recap of last night's time dragging loss

Shaky ninth inning costs Toronto Blue Jays in loss to Boston Red Sox | MLB | Sports | National Post
Lott looks at yesterday's lagging loss to the Red Sox.

Darren Oliver suffers first loss since May as Red Sox beat Jays - The Globe and Mail
AP/Globe's recap of the loss.

Gomez' triple propels Red Sox past Jays
A happier recap, but they're immune to Dice-K's painfully long starts.

JAYS LINKS

The Blue Jay Hunter: Romero's Neverending Nightmare
Ian looks at Ricky's implosion of a season.

Injured Blue Jays can feel lost when injuries tear them away | MLB | Sports | National Post
Lott looks at the broken wings of the Blue Jays and separation anxiety. Cue Mr Mister.

Edwin Encarnacion’s broken maple bat "coming straight at eye level" just part of baseball, Walton says. - thestar.com
More discussion on broken Maple Bats.

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: Roy Halladay's 10 Inning Shutout
Ian looks at one of Doc's best starts ever.

MLB LINKS

Jeff Kent Took His Survivor Cues From "The Fat, Naked, Gay Guy"
From Deadspin (somewhat NSFW)

Baseball History - September 15th - National Pastime - Baseball History
2010 At Fenway Park, Jose Bautista establishes a new Blue Jay record for home runs in a season when he hit his 48th, a two-run blast on a 3-2 fastball thrown by Michael Bowden. The 29-year old outfielder, who has never gone deep more than 16 times in year, breaks the mark established by George Bell in 1987.

SB Nation Featured Video

In This Article

Teams