I don't believe in Mistakes - Red Sox @ Jays - Sept 15th 2012 - Gamethread

I was going to write up something about Brett Lawrie and owning up to his mistakes.... but then Tom wrote about it so I'm just going to say go read that one.

As a side note, not sure what happened yesterday. I think I need to stop writing posts from work because whenever I do something goes wrong. It either messes up the format on the page or doesn't get front paged even though its supposed to be. Hopefully this one shows up without any issue.

The Jays currently sit one game up on the Red Sox for last place in the division. I know I shouldn't care as much about this as I do, but I really don't want to finish last in the division. 4th or 5th won't really matter in the end but even still.

This afternoon Carlos Villaneuva takes the hill. Carlos yet again has surprised a lot of people this year being able to fit into the rotation. This has of coursed caused a lot of talk on whether or not he should be extended and be a part of the team going forward. Personally, as much as I like Carlos I think it would be a mistake to extend him and put him in the rotation full time. I think Villaneuva really is perfectly suited to the Long relief/spot start place on a team but over a full season I have doubts he would be able to hold up as a starter. If a team is willing to pay him starter money and promise him a spot in the rotation I think the Jays should let him go.

2012 - Carlos Villanueva 7-5 35 13 0 0 0 0 111.1 94 44 43 16 41 109 3.48 1.21

2012 - Clay Buchholz 11-6 25 25 2 1 0 0 167.2 165 89 83 21 53 113 4.46 1.30

Remember the rules and GO JAYS GO!

Latest News

In This Article

Teams