FanShot

On this day in Blue Jay History: The Orioles forfeit to the Blue Jays when manager Earl Weaver...

On this day in Blue Jay History: The Orioles forfeit to the Blue Jays when manager Earl Weaver pulls his team off the field in the 5th inning citing a hazardous condition - a small tarpaulin held down by bricks on the bullpen mound. The Jays are ahead 4 - 0 when the forfeit is called. The O's will end the season tied with the Red Sox at 97-64.

Baseball Reference. Earl Weaver was brilliant but also nuts.