Uh oh Sunday Sept 2, 2012 Links

TORONTO, CANADA - SEPTEMBER 01: Edwin Encarnacion #10 of the Toronto Blue Jays is congratulated by Colby Rasmus #28 after hitting a two run home run in the fourth inning during MLB game action against the Tampa Bay Rays on September 1, 2012 at Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images)

Exciting game yesterday. Too bad the Jays couldn't pull out a comeback but they are facing their Kryptonite, the Rays. Today it is RRCJ's turn on the mound so hopefully the Jays will score a few runs for the guy.

GAME RECAP LINKS

Toronto Blue Jays’ rally comes up a few feet short in loss to Rays | MLB | Sports | National Post
National Post looks at the Jays Loss.

Rays snuff out Jays ninth inning comeback attempt - The Globe and Mail
The Globe's take on the Jays near comeback loss.

Tampa Bay Rays snap skid with 5-4 win over Toronto Blue Jays - Tampa Bay Times
The much happier Rays recap.

Omar Vizquel nailed at home plate for final out in Blue Jays’ 5-4 loss to Rays - thestar.com
The Star's take on yesterday's loss.

JAYS LINK

Moises Sierra: Starting Left Fielder? - Jays Journal
"The team has a number of other holes to fill, namely the starting rotation and second base, so it’s possible the Blue Jays will aim for a cheaper alternative to the names above. Among those options is the current right fielder, Moises Sierra."

MLB LINKS

Fun With Day-Game Stats - Baseball Nation
"Only one team has an overall winning record back to 2008, but a losing record in day games in those seasons. The Brewers: .521 winning percentage overall; .498 winning percentage in day games. Three teams are the mirror image of the Brewers: overall losing records back to 2008, but winning records in day games. The Mets .483 overall; .517 in day games. The A's: .486 overall; .517 in day games. The Blue Jays: .496 overall; .530 in day games."

Nickname Seeks Former Player: Vote on "Actual, Literal Brick Sh*thouse" | NotGraphs Baseball
Ha.

Rafael Betancourt Is Just Getting Laughable | FanGraphs Baseball
FG looks at a pitcher who won't throw inside to LHB.

Two crew members, firefighter suffer burns during fireworks accident prior to minor league game | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
Glad the only fireworks that EE deals with are home runs.

Here’s Elliot Johnson’s face the day after his ill-fated slide | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
The Aftermath of hitting Jeff Mathis

Twitter / BertBlyleven28: @Twins_morsecode it is not ...
Ba dum dum tisch...

Baseball History - September 2nd - National Pastime - Baseball History
1990 Dave Stieb pitches the major league record ninth no-hitter of the season beating the Indians 3-0. Previously Blue Jay right-hander had lost three no-hit bids after two outs were recorded in the ninth.

SB Nation Featured Video

In This Article

Teams
Players