Eddie's Back! - Blue Jays @ Yankees - Sep 20 GameThread

I'm continuing the trend of using weird pictures of Blue Jays.

The weather is getting cooler, the Blue Jays are out of the postseason race, and the equinox is tomorrow, so we all know that fall has arrived. One of my favourite fall drinks, one that I serve at all Thanksgiving dinners, is mulled apple cider. In celebration of my last GameThread of the season, I share my recipe:

Minor Leaguer's Famous Mulled Apple Cider

This is best if you start it just before the first guests arrive. As the cider is mulling, the aroma will fill the house and make your friends and family forget all about this horrible season.

Wash an unpeeled medium-sized orange, and stick 30-40 cloves into it to make a spiked orange. In a large pot, heat 4 litres of apple cider to about 85-90°C--watch that the cider never boils. While it is heating, put in around 8 10-cm sticks of cinnamon, 3 slices of unpeeled fresh ginger, around 20 allspice berries, 3 star anise, a teaspoon or two of nutmeg, 5-10 more cloves, and the whole spiked orange. You can also add in orange slices if you want a bit of tartness (I personally don't). Once it reaches 85-90°C, turn the heat down to low and let the cider steep uncovered, for at least 45 minutes, but you can keep it heating throughout the evening to get more flavour out of the spices.

You can serve the cider by itself or with a bit (or a bit more) of Bulleit bourbon.

Pitching Matchup

2012 - Phil Hughes 15-12 29 29 1 0 0 0 175.0 178 88 77 33 40 148 3.96 1.25

2012 - Aaron Laffey 3-5 19 13 0 0 0 0 87.0 85 47 44 15 32 45 4.55 1.34

Lineups

Edwin Encarnacion is back in the lineup! Yay run(s)!

Rules: be respectful and mature, only write positive encouraging statements on eyeblack, don't post links to illegal broadcasts of this game, and don't post any pictures until after the game.