Morosi: Blue Jays Scouting Brett Anderson and Anibal Sanchez

Rick Osentoski-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire

Jon Morosi, in his column on MLB Buzz, tells us that the Blue Jays are scouting Brett Anderson and Anibal Sanchez as possible off-season pick-ups. Now that Anderson is injured (oblique), he'd fit in great with the Jays.

The Blue Jays had two scouts at the final two games of this week's Tigers-Athletics series in Detroit. Each game included a starting pitcher who could switch teams this offseason: Oakland's Brett Anderson Wednesday (trade candidate) and Detroit's Anibal Sanchez Thursday (free agent).

I know it isn't really news that the Jays are scouting particular players, we are always looking at everyone, but starting pitchers has to be at the top of the 'must have' list.

The A's and Blue Jays appear to match up well in trade talks. Toronto has a surplus of position player prospects, particularly at catcher, and Oakland ranks near the bottom of the AL in runs scored.

I think we'd match up with any team in trade talks, we have all sorts of pieces that could be traded.

So what do you think? Will we end of with either of those two?