Friday Flop Sept 21, 2012 Links

I'm almost glad the season is almost over. Losing the double header wasn't easy to watch. I can't imagine what this past game felt like. Jeez. Anyway, I won't be doing the Sat/Sunday links posts this weekend as I won't be around.

GAME RECAP LINKS

Blue Jays swept by Yankees, Yunel Escobar returns Friday - thestar.com
Bleah

Yankees beat Blue Jays to open one-game lead over Orioles in AL East - The Globe and Mail
Bleah 2

Ichiro Suzuki stays hot, homers and drives in three runs to help Yankees sweep Toronto Blue Jays - NY Daily News
Sigh

More after the jump

JAYS LINKS

Jays’ GM Alex Anthopoulos defends his club - The Globe and Mail
AA speaks on the crapfest known as the 2012 season

Yunel Escobar eyeblack photographer speaks out - thestar.com
The Star talks to the Yunel photog

Inside Pitch | The Buffalo News
The Bisons have announced a star-studded roster of guests for Friday's press conference in Pettibone's Grille announcing their new affiliation with the Toronto Blue Jays. Among the Toronto officials scheduled to be on hand will be Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar, former Cy Young winner Pat Hentgen and longtime former manager Cito Gaston, a trio that combined to lead the Blue Jays to back-to-back World Series titles in 1992 and 1993.

Toronto’s Alvarez Abandons Change, Succeeds Harder | FanGraphs Baseball
Fangraphs looks at the jump in Ks by Hendo

MLB LINKS

Yankees star Robinson Cano says there’s no truth to internet rumors he's facing suspension for performance-enhancing drugs - NY Daily News
Ever since Melky Cabrera was suspended for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs, there have been whispers that Robinson Cano would be the next superstar to fall. Those whispers blew up on the internet Thursday.

Washington Nationals clinch playoff berth for first time since 1981 | MLB | Sports | National Post
The former Expos are back in the playoffs since Blue Monday.

Recapping the minor league playoffs
As the season comes to an end, we look back on how the finals played out.

Marlins Plan To Fire Beinfest, Promote Jennings: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
I'm sure Loria is a man of his word.... hahahahahahahaha

51s become Triple-A affiliate for Mets - Sports - ReviewJournal.com
The 51s and New York Mets agreed Monday to a two-year player-development contract, making Las Vegas the Triple-A affiliate for the major league franchise.

Baseball History September 21st - National Pastime - Baseball History
1956 At Fenway Park, the Yankees strand 20 runners on base losing to the Red Sox, 13-7. The number of players left on base sets a big league record for a nine-inning game.