GameThread for Canada Vs. Germany World Baseball Classic Qualifier

Canada plays Germany in the World Baseball Classic, starting at 1:00 Eastern. The game is on Sportsnet One. If you are watching join into the thread.

Canada's lineup:

Tyson Giles, CF

Brock Kjeldgaard, DH

Adam Loewan, RF

Shawn Bowman, 3B

Cole Armstrong, C

Skyler Stromsmoe, 2B

Jonathan Malo, SS

Jame Avery is the starting pitcher. Avery pitched in Double-A in the Tigers system this year, he was 10-13 with a 4.73 ERA, 53 walks, 114 k in 158 innings.

The Germans (don't mention the war) (yeah, no one will get the reference) have Alex Burgos as starting pitcher. Alex also pitched in the Tigers system, in High-A last year, going 8-10, 4.90, 88 walks, 78 k in 121.1 innings.

I'd post the German lineup but there isn't many guys you will know, Toby Gardenhire, Ron Gardenhire's son, is playing second.

Go Canada.