My Favorite Words to Say: Jays Beat Yankees

Brad White - Getty Images

Blue Jays shutout Yankees 6-0.

Yankees 0 Blue Jays 6

There is nothing I like better than beating the Yankees. What makes this one ever better is that the Yankees are in a tight race for the top spot in the AL East. If we could help knock them out of first, I'd be a happy blogger.

A great night for Brandon Morrow. 7 innings, 4 hits, 3 walks, 3 strikeouts. He had 2 double plays turned behind him, one off a great catch by Anthony Gose against the wall in left. Wonderful catch and he had the presence of mind to get the ball back in quickly and double Robinson Cano off first. In the second inning. Anthony Gose was a little laid back on a fly ball to left, letting a catchable ball fall for a double. After that he really turned it on, making some good plays and some really nice throws, including one to second on a ball that I was sure would be a double, but he got it in so quick the runner stayed at first. Nice job Anthony.

Brad Lincoln and Darren Oliver had a scoreless inning of relief each.

On offense we did more than enough. 10 hits on the day. 3 hits for Edwin Encarnacion went 3 for 4. Brett Lawrie, Colby Rasmus and J.P. Arencibia had 2 hits each. Gose went 1 for 3 with a walk. JP and Brett each homered. Edwin had 3 RBI, Brett 2 and JP 1.

Jays of the Day are Morrow (.350 WPA), Lawrie (.161) and Encarnacion (.107). No one had the Suckage number.

Tomorrow Chad Jenkins (0-2, 4.24) makes his second major league start. His first went well, allowing just 2 hits and 1 run in 5 inning against the Rays. Hope he can do as well tomorrow. Hiroki Kuroda (14-11, 3.34) starts for the Yankees.

Great game tonight. Let's do it again tomorrow.