Stinky Saturday September 29, 2012 Links

Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire

Stinker of a game last night. Painful game recaps, Media giving AA AAdvice and Homer pitches a d'oh hitter.

GAME RECAP LINKS

Jays unable to capitalize on early chances, lose to division leading Yanks - The Globe and Mail
Globe recaps stinky game.

Russell Martin's three-run home run keys Yankees victory over Toronto Blue Jays; Bombers remain one game ahead of Orioles in chase for AL East title - NY Daily News
A much less shrill recap than last night's. Yanks win. Jeez.

JAYS LINKS

Blue Jays’ final month filled with questions for GM Alex Anthopoulos: Griffin - thestar.com
Ex PR Guy of the Expos gives AA some advice. Some of it isn't all that stupid.

Toronto Blue Jays’ Brett Cecil thriving in the bullpen | MLB | Sports | National Post
Lott looks at Brett Cecil's new role. Makes sense really as he wasn't getting it done as a starter. Cecil, the new Snakeface?

Blue Jays’ Ricky Romero ready to put frustrating season behind him | MLB | Sports | National Post
I hope he does put it behind him, but he never forgets what happened.

Jays have good base but still need help for future playoff push - The Globe and Mail
Another look at what the Jays have to do this off season.

MLB LINKS

Baseball Prospectus | Raising Aces: Four of a Kind: Diagnosing Disappointment
Can mechanical changes help explain what went wrong with Dan Haren, Tommy Hanson, Jon Lester, and Ricky Romero this season? - Keywords: pitching, scouting, mechanics, PITCHf/x, dan haren, ricky romero, jon lester, tommy hanson

Reds’ Homer Bailey throws no-hitter against Pirates - The Globe and Mail
Cincinnati Reds pitcher Homer Bailey throws no-hitter against Pittsburgh Pirates.

Baseball History September 29th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1996 During a 4-1 loss at the SkyDome, Orioles' center fielder Brady Anderson becomes the 14th player to hit 50 home runs in a season. The power surge comes as a surprise given the Baltimore leadoff hitter's previous season high was only 21 round-tripper.