Got a Case of the Mondays, Sept 3, 2012 Links

TORONTO, CANADA - SEPTEMBER 02: Edwin Encarnacion #10 of the Toronto Blue Jays reacts after striking out in the fifth inning during MLB game action against the Tampa Bay Rays on September 2, 2012 at Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images)

Special long weekend edition of the links. Baltimore is in town to battle the Jays this afternoon.

GAME RECAPS

Ricky Romero loses 12th straight, Blue Jays pummeled 9-2 by Rays - thestar.com
The Star recap of yesterday's loss, but with the wrong score.

Romero shelled as Rays crush Blue Jays - The Globe and Mail
The Globe recaps Ricky's most horrible start in yesterday's loss.

Ricky Romero, Toronto Blue Jays take beating from Tampa Bay Rays | MLB | Sports | National Post
The National Post Recaps yesterday's beating.

Tampa Bay Rays beat Blue Jays 9-4, head home to face Yankees - Tampa Bay Times
The Gleeful Rays recap. Also failed to mention that many of their hits were BABIPed but sometimes I'm like that when things seem just a tad too gleeful.

More After the Jump

JAYS LINK

Blue Jays’ Ricky Romero: ‘It’s tough to hear boos from your own fans’ | MLB | Sports | National Post
John Lott's transcript from the RRCJ post game.

MLB LINKS

Should A Team Try To Break Up A No-Hitter With A Bunt? The Red Sox Did - Baseball Nation
Al Yellon looks at the unwritten rule. It seems like one might enjoy tugging on Superman's cape and spitting into the wind, too.

How does steroid testing actually work?
Melky was betrayed by biochemistry.

The economics behind that blockbuster deal
What are the Dodgers up to?

Nineteen year-old Profar homers in first career at-bat - The Globe and Mail
Profar hit a home run in his first at-bat and doubled the next time up Sunday as Texas thumped the Cleveland Indians 8-3

Baseball History - September 3rd - National Pastime - Baseball History
1985 Future Hall of Famer Reggie Jackson becomes the first major leaguer to hit one hundred home runs for three different clubs. The former A's and Yankees outfielder's second homer for the Angels in a 14-8 loss to Detroit, his 525th career round-tripper, accomplishes the milestone.