And I Thought Yesterday's Game Was Awful: Jays Lose To Orioles Again

Yes, it was raining and the roof was open. I'm surprised that many people brought umbrellas. (Photo by Brad White/Getty Images)

Orioles 12 Blue Jays 0

That game was terrible in so many ways. They couldn't get the roof to close and the fire alarm went off, making the ballpark park look poorly run and/or maintained. We couldn't hit. And we couldn't pitch.

Carlos Villanueva looked good for the first 4 innings. Then he gave up a 3 run homer in the 5th, another run in the 6th and got 'credit' for 2 of the 3 runs that scored in the 7th. I don't know why Farrell left him in that long. His totals were 6.2 innings, 7 hits, 6 earned, 1 walk and 6 k. If Alex Anthopoulos was using this start to decide whether to offer Carlos a contract and a spot in next year's rotation, the answer would be a no thanks. But I'm sure Alex won't over value one start, but Carlos better show that he isn't tiring as we get to the end of the season.

Aaron Loup wasn't any better. He gave up 5 hits, a balk and 4 earned before getting out of the inning. Chad Beck didn't have much fun either, 1 inning, 4 hits, 2 earned. Brandon Lyon was able to get through the 9th without allowing anymore runs.

We did nothing on offense either. 4 hits on the day. Moises Sierra had the only extra base hit, a double. We couldn't even hit Kevin frigging Gregg.

No Jays of the Day today. Carlos is the only 1 to hit the Suckage number at -.142, but I'm going to give everyone on the roster a Suckage Award for that mess. Give one to Farrell too. And one for whoever maintains the mechanism that opens and closes the roof.

Tomorrow night we have the final game of this awful series. Maybe we could score. Brandon Morrow (8-5, 2.93) gets the start. He's about the only reason I'd want to watch that game. Miguel Gonzalez (6-3, 3.31) gets to pad his stats by pitching to us.

Just when we started to show some signs of life, we get a series like this. It is tough to watch right now.