  • Jamie Campbell tells us that David Cooper will be shut down for the rest of the season. He says the Jays will likely bring Yan Gomes up to the team when they go to Boston.

Today's starters are:

Brandon Morrow

#23 / Pitcher / Toronto Blue Jays

6-3

195

Jul 26, 1984

Miguel Gonzalez

#50 / Pitcher / Baltimore Orioles

6-1

170

May 27, 1984

Line ups:

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS BALTIMORE ORIOLES
Rajai Davis, LF Nick Markakis, RF
Colby Rasmus, CF JJ Hardy, SS
Edwin Encarnacion, 1B Nate McLouth, LF
Adam Lind, DH Adam Jones, CF
Yunel Escobar, SS Matt Wieters, C
Kelly Johnson, 2B Chris Davis, DH
Yorvit Torrealba, C Mark Reynolds, 1B
Adeiny Hechavarria, 3B Omar Quintanilla, 2B
Anthony Gose, RF Manny Machado, 3B

You know the rules by now, most of them add up to 'try not to me intolerable'. I know it is hard to keep perspective when the team isn't doing well, but try. The team isn't playing well, that doesn't mean it is time to pile on. Your friendly neighborhood mod might not be in the best of moods too, so if a mod says 'stop', please just stop.

Remember no team is as bad as it looks when it loses, no team is as good as it looks when it wins. It could be worse, we could have Bobby Valentine threatening to punch us in the face.

The title is from Rainy Night in Georgia, an old blues song that I thought was appropriate considering yesterday.

Keep it civil and Go Jays Go.