Blue Jays Expand Roster: Adding J.P. Arencibia, Brett Lawrie, David Carpenter, Joel Carreno, and Yan Gomes

TORONTO, CANADA - MAY 16: J.P. Arencibia #9 and Brett Lawrie #13 of the Toronto Blue Jays celebrate Arencibia's two-run home run against the New York Yankees during MLB action at the Rogers Centre May 16, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

Hello from Hong Kong! I just came back to the hotel from a wonderful Canadian bar in Hong Kong owned by Calgary Flames fans to find out that the Blue Jays have expanded their roster to re-activate J.P. Arencibia, Brett Lawrie and to recall pitchers David Carpenter and Joel Carreno, and utility guy Yan Gomes.

I am normally excited for September's roster expansion, but this year I feel like we've already seen most players on the 40-man roster. Looking at the 40-man roster, I think the only players who have not appeared with the Blue Jays are Jesse Litsch and Dustin McGowan, who are both on the 60-day disabled list.