J.A. Happ Done For Season With A Broken Foot

J.A. Happ pitching with a fracture in his foot.. (Photo by Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images)

So the injury wheel spins again and J.A. Happ is the name that comes up, the other wheel lands on broken foot. He is done for the season. Apparently he needs screws to hold the break together and is looking at a 4 month recovery time. I'm just totally beyond where I understand this season. A broken foot? You gotta be kidding.

We saw that he was limping during his last start. It is hard to believe that he broke his foot and then pitched on it for a few moment innings.

I don't know who will be taking his Saturday start or if this means that Ricky Romero will now not be skipping a start.

It almost feels like we should have a pool on how many more injuries we'll be suffering through this year but I don't want to think about. The good part is that Happ should by 100% by spring training.

That give us 8 pitchers on the DL at the moment. Add in Jason Frasor and Brandon Morrow, I think Happ is the 11th pitcher to hit the DL for us this year.