Live Long and Prosper Saturday Sept 8, 2012 Links

BOSTON, MA - SEPTEMBER 7: Moises Sierra #14 of the Toronto Blue Jays follows through on his two run home run against the Boston Red Sox during the fourth inning of the game at Fenway Park on September 7, 2012 in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Winslow Townson/Getty Images)

That is if you aren't named Bobby V. Pretty good game last night despite the fact that the bullpen kind of scared folks in the late innings. Feels good to be tied for 4th.... right?

GAME RECAPS

Toronto Blue Jays beat Boston Red Sox, 7-5 - thestar.com
Griff looks at the Jays Victory over the Bosox in the epic battle for Last place in the AL East.

Encarnacion homers as Blue Jays top Red Sox - The Globe and Mail
The Farrell Frenzy just got more Frenzied. AP Recap of Jays win

Final: Blue Jays 7, Red Sox 5 - Extra Bases - Red Sox blog
BoSox recap of the Jays victory the only way that the Boston Media can play it.

More Links after the jump

FARRELL! FARRELL!! FARRELL!!!! LINKS

John Farrell focused on Toronto Blue Jays, not Boston Red Sox | MLB | Sports | National Post
Reasonable words from the manager. Boston media ignores them. Not surprising.

Report: Red Sox Could Pursue Mike Scioscia - Baseball Nation
As if "As the Red Sox Nation Turns" couldn't get any more ridiculous. Instead of a coma plot where Bobby V gets run over by a car driven by Boston Red Sox Writers and then wakes up as John Farrell, the soap opera writers are thinking of going with Angels In the Outfield plot line staring former Simpsons voice actor Mike Scioscia.

Blue Jays Plus: Is the Bullpen the Place for Brett Cecil?
A look at the options for Cecil.

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: Tim Johnson
Ian looks back one of the bigger messes that was the Gord Ash era Jays. I'm still embarrassed by this one.

Second Half Performers: Studs and Duds - Jays Journal
Jays Journal looks at who were studs and duds.

What If: 2012 Blue Jays Edition | NotGraphs Baseball
NotGraphs is supposed to make you laugh, not sob.

MLB LINKS

Baseball world championship: Canadian juniors go for gold vs. U.S. - thestar.com
Go Canada GO! They play 5am EDT in South Korea.

Major leaguer whose career ended on the first pitch pleads for one more at-bat - The Globe and Mail
In 2005 Adam Greenberg was hit in the head by a 92-mph fastball from reliever Valerio De Los Santos on the very first pitch he ever saw as a major leaguer. He never set foot inside a big-league batter’s box again.

Classic photo: Twins manager Tom Kelly smokes cigar, rocks Zubaz sweatpants during batting practice in Metrodome | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
Oh the pants. Dear god, the pants

Baseball History - September 8th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1965 In a promotion to increase Kansas City's poor attendance, Bert Campaneris becomes the first major leaguer to play all nine positions in a single game. After being involved in a collision at home plate in the ninth inning, Campy is replaced by Rene Lachemann as the team's catcher in the A's eventual 5-3, 13-inning victory over California.

SB Nation Featured Video