Sun in Our Teeth and In Our Hair: 9/8 Game Thread, Jays at Boston

After a win last night, the Jays try to take the series today.

Aaron Laffey gets the start for Toronto in lieu of the broken-footed J.A. Happ. Laffey has done a decent job as a fill-in starter this season, but the fact that he's made 11 starts after making only 5 in the last three years combined (and none over the last two) tells you more about the Jays' season than I care to think about.

Daisuke Matsuzaka pitches for Boston. Matsuzaka hasn't exactly enjoyed a return to form this season and will be looking to put together a good September to try to salvage at least part of the year. He's only made 7 starts but the results have been disappointing, although he has good K numbers.

I can't make today's game as I have to head to New York in a bit for a family event. I should be back for tomorrow's, though.

You know the rules: no illegal streams, no gifs until the game is over, and don't be terrible.

Today's title from "The Only Place" by Best Coast. It is a beautiful summer day here in D.C.