FanShot

Today in Blue Jay History: The Blue Jays top the visiting Royals, 5 - 0, behind Jimmy Key's...

Today in Blue Jay History: The Blue Jays top the visiting Royals, 5 - 0, behind Jimmy Key's complete game shutout. Following the game, Toronto rookie C Mike Maksudian wins $800 from his teammates, who bet that he wouldn't eat a live locust. Maksudian, who claims to have eaten moths, grasshoppers, frogs, lizards, roaches and aquarium fish, swallows the 1 1/2 inch long insect, but declines an offer of $2,000 to swallow a rat.

From Baseball Reference. Ick.