What Blue Jay Do You Expect To Improve?

Ricky Romero - Jason Miller

Tell us which Blue Jay you expect to improve the most over last year?

Grant Brisbee, over at the SB baseball main page, has a post on 'four players he's irrationally expecting to improve', so I thought I'd ask you which Jay do you expect to improve? It can be rational or irrational, up to you.

For me, it would have to be Ricky Romero. Rickey had a terrible season. I'm not sure why. He seemed to forget how to throw strikes, leading the league with 105 walks. His walks per 9 innings went up from 3.2 in 2011, to 5.2 in 2012. Course his hits per 9 innings went up too, from 7.0 to 9.8. I don't know what went on with him, but then I don't think he did either.

He did start the season fairly well, going 6-1, with a 4.04 ERA, over the first couple of months, but then the season went to hell.

By month:

April: 3-0, 3.18 ERA.

May 3-1, 4.82

June: 2-1, 7.33

July: 0-6, 8.04.

August: 0-4, 4.73

Sept: 1-2, 8.05

Being fair to Ricky, 3 of his 5 August starts were good quality starts, but we didn't score for him. That was about it for good starts in the 2nd half of the season.

Ricky is an intense guy, maybe too intense for his own good. I'm sure he is working very hard to be sure there is no physical reason for him to have another bad year. And I don't think it will hurt him to have a couple of veteran pitchers in the rotation to take some pressure off him. I'd like to think he almost has to be much better.

That's my choice, which Jay do you expect to improve this season?