Monday Bantering: Jays Sign Denis Villatoro and Alex Anthopoulos With Peter Mansbridge

Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE

A couple of things on a Monday:

Jays sign Honduran pitcher Denis Villatoro (Spanish) to a 5-year deal. He's an 18 year old, right-handed pitcher who can hit 93 MPH with his fastball and that's about all I know.

Update: I missed this earlier, but MLB.com is telling us that new Blue Jay pitcher R.A. Dickey will be pitching for Team USA at the WBC. They also list Andy Pettitte, Ryan Vogelsong and Craig Kimbrel as pitchers for the US. Andy Pettitte? Really? That surprises me.

Update two: The press release for the Adam Loewen signing just came out and Adam is getting an invite to the Major League spring training camp. That makes more sense, I can't see why he wouldn't get an invite.

I posted part one of a three part Alex Anthopoulos interview with Peter Mansbridge yesterday. You have to sit through a couple of commercials but, if you have a few minutes, it's worth watching. Mansbridge is a good interviewer, if not a deepest of baseball fans, but we get to learn a bit about Alex. Here are parts two.

And part three:

And part 3:

In This Article

Teams