What Was The Deal That Fell Through?

Tom Szczerbowski

Give us your best guess on what deal Alex had going that fell though.

John Lott, over at the National Post, tells us that Alex had a different big trade together, before the deal with the Marlins, and, if it hadn't fallen apart, he wouldn't have been able to trade for Reyes, Johnson, Buehrle and company.

"It was real, real close," general manager Alex Anthopoulos said of the deal that fell through.

He refused, of course, to furnish details when asked. But he said that trade would have had the same impact on the Blue Jays' 2013 payroll as the Nov. 19 megadeal with Miami that transformed the Blue Jays into an overnight contender.

So there is the question for the day....Who do you think was involved in that trade?

I'm guessing it was some sort of three way deal. Maybe something with Justin Upton?. Maybe it fell through because of Upton's no-trade clause? I can't see a straight trade with the Diamondbacks, but if someone else was in on it too, then maybe. There must have been a starting pitcher or two in the deal.

Whatever it was, I'm glad it didn't happen, I doubt it could be better than the trade with the Marlins.

Give us your best guess on what the trade that wasn't was.