Blue Jays Lose Russ Canzler To Indians On Waivers

Hannah Foslien

Yet another Blue Jay jersey I have to burn:

Back to 39 on the 40-man. I wonder why they felt the need to try to slip him through waivers now? Do they have someone they are planning on adding to the roster? Sooner or later Darren Oliver will decide if he is retiring or not, so we may have another open roster spot.

I did have some thought that Canzler could platoon with Adam Lind, but I guess not.

Oh, Cormack added an 'r' to his Canzler's name in his tweet, but then it really doesn't matter.