Make Your Predictions: Edwin Encarnacion

Abelimages

Give us your best guess on Edwin Encarnacion's 2013 season.

One of the few, almost the only, bright spot of the 2012 season. Can you imagine how long that season would have seemed if someone had taken Edwin on waivers back in 2011?

Edwin was 7th in the league in offensive WAR, 5th in on base percentage, 5th in slugging average, 3rd in OPS, 4th in home runs, 3rd in RBI and 7th in walks as well as finishing 11 in MVP.

I thought he was ok at first base, considering it was his first full season there, but UZR disagrees, giving him a -5.5 UZR/150. It's pretty tough coming up with a formula to judge first basemen

Year Age Tm G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS OPS+
2010 27 TOR 96 332 47 81 16 0 21 51 1 0 29 60 .244 .305 .482 .787 109
2011 28 TOR 134 481 70 131 36 0 17 55 8 2 43 77 .272 .334 .453 .787 111
2012 29 TOR 151 542 93 152 24 0 42 110 13 3 84 94 .280 .384 .557 .941 152
8 Yrs 937 3273 471 863 190 5 159 502 42 10 354 624 .264 .344 .471 .815 112
Provided by Baseball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 1/19/2013.

Edwin played 82 games at DH, 68 at first, 3 in left field (please let's never see him out there again) and 1 at third base (ditto). I'm hoping he plays more first base, maybe a 100/60 split with DH?

I really like the guy. It isn't like he was getting a lot of home runs that scraped the fence on the way over. Bill James has him hitting .271/.359/.504 with 31 home runs, 89 RBI in 150 games.

I'm going on the over .280/.370/.550, with 40 home runs and 110 RBI in 150 games. I'm hoping he has a ton of RBI chances. With Reyes, Cabrera and Bautista in front of him, he really should.

Your turn.