One Year Ago:
- The Jays signed Francisco Cordero. I want it on the record that I wasn't thrilled. He had a 5.77 ERA, 2 saves, 3 blown, in 41 games, before Alex shipped him off to Houston.
- Also I put up part one of an interview with Bruce Walton. Hmmm in the past 3 years I've interviewed Brian Butterfield, John Farrell, Bruce and Dwayne Murphy. There seems to be a pattern. Well, Murphy's still with the team, just not in the same role.
- And we signed Brandon Morrow to a 3-year contract with an option for a 4th year.
Two Years Ago:
- We traded Mike Napoli to Texas for Frank Francisco. Not all of Alex's trades were great. A couple of days later I was trying to figure it out.
- I said goodbye to Vernon Wells the player, separate from Vernon Wells the contract.
- We posted photos of the Blue Jays' visit to Calgary. My favorite bit was a joke about talking to the Jays PR guy in the background of one of the pictures, trying to explain who I was. Two years later, I'm still trying to explain the same thing to the same people.
Three Years Ago:
- We looked at the Jays potential starting pitchers. This little bit, unrelated to the rest of the post, made me laugh:
There are little bits of baseball news. Mark McGwire's 'trainer' laughs about Mark's 'I only used steroids to recover from injuries' apology. Isn't saying 'I used to recover from injuries' kind of the equivalent to saying 'I only read Playboy for the interviews?'
Four Years Ago:
- Hugo and some guy named Rincewind (what a dumb name that is) discussed the starting rotation for the coming 2009 season, after the loss of A.J. Burnett. I'm sure that was the last I had any hope that Dustin McGowan would be a part of things.
Five Years Ago:
- Hugo let us know the Jays signed Rod Barajas.
Six Years Ago: