Make Your Predictions: Rajai Davis

Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE

Give us your guess on Rajai Davis' 2013 stats.

How long until spring training? I know it's January when there is nothing interesting going on.

Anyway, Rajai Davis. To me he's pretty close to perfect as a fourth outfielder. He can play any of the 3 outfield spots, though Farrell didn't seem to like him in CF. I would have liked if he could have given Colby Rasmus a few days off last year, let Colby sit against some lefties. Rajai is great to have on the bench, waiting for a spot when a pinch runner is needed or pinch hit against a lefty. He showed a little power last year, hitting a career high 8 home runs. And he'd work well in a platoon with Adam Lind, if that Gibbons decides to go that way around.

I think he played too much last year, but we had a bunch of injuries, as well as a lack of production from the players expected to be out in left field. He played 142 games, putting up a 0.5 WAR. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't good either.

He did make one amazing catch:

His numbers the last three years:

Year Age Tm G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS OPS+
2010 29 OAK 143 525 66 149 28 3 5 52 50 11 26 78 .284 .320 .377 .697 91
2011 30 TOR 95 320 44 76 21 6 1 29 34 11 15 63 .238 .273 .350 .623 67
2012 31 TOR 142 447 64 115 24 3 8 43 46 13 29 102 .257 .309 .378 .687 86
7 Yrs 713 2100 302 566 117 23 21 200 223 62 130 384 .270 .317 .377 .694 87
Provided by Baseball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 1/25/2013.

This year? Bill James has him at 100 games, .259/.313/.360, 3 home runs, 25 steals. Maybe a few more games than I expect him to play, but I guess it depends on how often Gibbons uses him to pinch run. And whether he feels Davis should go in as a defensive replacement for Cabrera sometimes. Gibbons might decide that Bonifacio is better for both of those roles.

I'll guess 80 games. .270/.310/.350, 20 steals.