Blue Jays Extend With Vancouver Canadians

Nat Bailey Stadium - Tom

The Blue Jays and Vancouver Candians extended their player development contract through the 2016 Northwest League Season.

The relationship began with the 2011 season, and the Canadians won the Northwest League championship in both 2011 and 2012.

I was out there this past season and watched 3 games. Nat Bailey Stadium is great, a really nice place to watch a game and they had good concessions, as well as good choices for beer, something Rogers Centre is lacking.

"The Vancouver Canadians have been champions on and off the field during our first two seasons as partners of this great organization," said Blue Jays Director of Minor League Operations Charlie Wilson. "We are proud to have Canada's only minor league baseball club as our partners. Considering our relationship with the Canadians front office to the atmosphere and facilities at Nat Bailey Stadium, it was an easy decision to extend our partnership in Vancouver."

SB Nation Featured Video