Ken Rosenthal: Tampa Bay Rays Sign Kelly Johnson

Kelly Johnson - Jesse Johnson-US PRESSWIRE

Here's the Tweet:

Since they traded for Yunel Escobar, earlier in the off-season, now the Rays have our former middle infield (also the Braves former middle infield). I wonder if they would be interested in a slightly used Adam Lind?

I imagine they aren't going to be paying Johnson much. He has something to prove and since Maddon has other reasonable choices for second base, if he doesn't hit, he won't play.