Blue Jays Claim Chad Beck From Pirates

Chad Beck - Brad White

So the continuing the last roster spot bouncing ball game, the Jays grabbed Chad Beck back from the Pirates off waivers.

Chad is back being claimed by the Pirates back at the end of October. He appeared in 14 games for the Blue Jays last season, posting a 6.32 ERA. In 43 games for Las Vegas, Beck recorded 18 saves, 4th in the PCL, along with a 2-0 record and a 1.31.

If you remember Beck is the one that Pete Rose played up to Alex Anthopoulos. Pete spends a lot of time in Vegas, selling autographs at the collector shops (they tried to sell me on an Expos signed jersey when I was there a couple of years ago) and he goes to a lot of games. He is a fan of Beck.

The Jays are back to 40 on the 40-man roster.

SB Nation Featured Video